Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bathroom Mural

A friend of mine, Kathy Molizon, is a muralist. She recently moved back to the area and last week she painted a mural in our master bathroom. The bathroom walls are painted Sherwin Williams 'rainwashed'. I wanted to go with a theme of lily pads with a dragonfly and a little frog. I have several dragonfly and frog themed items scattered around the room, but not too many (I hope). I didn't want to overdo it. I already had a stained glass piece that I had made about 25 years ago when I took a stained glass class. It is waterlillies as well. I am thrilled with the mural. Now our bathroom is finally done. (Click on a picture to enlarge it)
I love the way the afternoon light dances on the mural through the glass blocks. It makes the mural look even more like water.

I had purchased a print that I love from a local artist and initially hung it on the wall where the mural is, but the light from the window over the tub reflected on the glass so much you couldn't see the print. I ended up moving it over by the shower.


Hubby's vanity. Notice mine is more than twice the size of his!

The plate is made by a local artisan. It depicts loggerhead turtle hatchlings as they make their way from the nest to the swirling waters of the ocean.


1 comment:

  1. We ladies always deserve the larger vanity! The mural is truly spectacular ... thank you so much for sharing this work of art.

    ReplyDelete