Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pigeon Forge Vacation

In September we took a vacation to Pigeon Forge. It was great. We stayed on the strip at a Hampton Inn, but our room overlooked the river and it was quiet and relaxing out on the balcony. We watched the ducks and squirrels, and even a beaver one evening.
vacation 09 203
We had a wonderful time at Dollywood and Wonderworks.
vacation 09 016

vacation 09 202

We went to the aquarium in Gatlinburg. Walking through the tunnel underneath the water was amazing.

vacation 09 058

Doesn’t this little guy look happy?

vacation 09 097

We went to the Forbidden Caverns, under a mountain. It was quite interesting. The Indians originally used the cavern. In later years, moonshiners hid their stills there.
vacation 09 210 vacation 09 228

Best of all was Cades Cove. It was like going back in time. Strangely, it felt like home to me. There were a lot of Lawsons in the cemetaries there. Wonder if they are any relatives of ours?
vacation 09 101 vacation 09 142

I love bats. I had to resist the urge to reach up and pet them.

vacation 09 178 vacation 09 187

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I think it is soooo gross you wanted to pet the bats!!! Yuck!! Looked like ya'll had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi NeeNee,
    What a great trip! I would love to visit Dollywood.
    Thanks for stopping my my site and entering my Blogiversary PB Giveaway. Yes, we do have many of the same friends. I look forward to following you. Good Luck!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the perfect mountain vacation. I love that area! :)

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nee Nee-

    My hubby and I took our girls to Dollywood when they were little - we had a great time. I think it is one of the best theme parks around. It was not crowded when we went and we got to just stay on some of the rides over and over again without having to get off.

    In the comment you left on my blog, you asked if at the HGTV lunch anyone talked about not liking design star anymore. No one did. It was pretty much about Emily and the questions they asked us.
    My best - Diane

    ReplyDelete